Information we collect about you?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address and telephone number
- Demographic information such as postcode and preferences
- Details of transactions you carry out for the fulfilment of your bookings.
- Information you provide in order to enter a competition or promotion via our Site, complete a survey, or if you report a problem with this Site.
- If we ask you for your contact details for future marketing use, although you have the option to opt-out of such use.
- Details of your visits to our Site whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of your email or other correspondence
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation);
- Any other information that you choose to send to us.
How we use your information
We comply with the Data Protection laws in the United Kingdom. We take all reasonable care to prevent any unauthorised access to and use of your personal data.
Our staff and those working for our partners and suppliers maintain a responsibility to keep your personal information confidential and will only use it to offer relevant products and services related to your enquiry, interaction or order.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
How long we keep your information for
We will retain your personal information whilst you are an active customer of us and for up to six (6) years after you have left the service where such retention is required by law or record keeping requirements, including managing our relationship with you, defending any claims, accounting or for tax purposes.
Controlling your personal information
Potential rights under the GDPR
Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a citizen or resident of an EEA country or Switzerland, you have certain rights regarding your personal information;
- Right to access information about you
- Right to ensure your data is accurate and complete
- Right to erasure or to be forgotten
- Right to restrict processing
- Right to data portability
- Right to withdraw consent, where consent has previously provided
- Right to object
If you are eligible to invoke one of the rights listed above and wish to do so, you may contact us as part of a subject access request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to KK's Steel Mill, Star Works, Frederick Street, Wolverhampton, WV2 4DU.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
When this policy does not apply
GDPR Complaints Procedure
Should you wish to raise a complaint in relation to The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 please email email@example.com, for the attention of the Director.
Recording of calls
Recording of calls is necessary to protect the interests of one or more participants in the fulfilment of a contract, problem solving, quality and/or training. We occasionally record calls for these purposes.